LED controller is widely used in commercial or home lighting, for example, the LED controller connected to the strip, you can make the strip lights flash, fade, and other lighting change effects. There are many types of LED controllers on the market, this article will let you know more about the LED controller.
What is an LED controller?
LED controller dedicated to driving LED light, It is through the chip processing control LED light circuit in each position of the switch. Connected to the LED strip lights, The LED strip Controller controls the driver circuit by the pre-set program and makes the LED strip lights flash, fade, etc.
Types of controllers
Many different types of lights controllers on the market, different technologies can be divided into the following
IR controller: using infrared technology, IR controller must be aligned with the receiver on the light, and the middle can not be blocked, the distance is generally not more than 7 meters.
RF controller: using radio frequency technology, through the radio waves to transmit control signals.
Wi-Fi LED controller: through the embedded Wi-Fi module to achieve the LED strip current control, connect the home wireless router composed of a local area network controller for communication.
Bluetooth LED controller: the use of Bluetooth technology to achieve IP connectivity and gateway settings and many other new features.
Zigbee controller: a close range, low complexity, low power consumption, low data rate, low-cost two-way wireless communication technology.
What are the features of the LED Controller
- It is not subject to electromagnetic interference, low-cost products, cheap.
- short control distance, there can be no obstructions in the middle.
- control distance, up to tens of meters, and between the receiver as long as there is no metal blocking the role of the exhibition can be used normally.
- no direction, you can not “face to face” control.
- Cost is higher than IR controller.
WiFi LED Controller
- Through the smartphone APP to make the strip lights on, off, dimming, local control, multi-point control, remote control, regional control, etc.,
- Connect the LED light controller to make the intelligence of the strip lights, connect the voice device, voice control the strip lights.
- It can be controlled by the strip lights in a different place by smartphone.
- You can control your strip lights by smartphone anywhere.
- It can be controlled by multiple LED Controllers by one smartphone.
- The popularity is relatively wide, basically, every home has a router device, the price of the device is relatively low, the use of the cost will be relatively low.
- WiFi networking is convenient, the protocol is unified, using TCP/IP protocol.
- WiFi networking capacity is low, limited expansion, mostly used in home lighting. If used for commercial or engineering classes, you can use Bluetooth LED Controller.
- Wireless stability is poor, The WiFi signal may not be received in large rooms.
Bluetooth LED controller
- control the light strip through the smartphone APP.
- Connect Bluetooth controller to realize the intelligence of the strip light, connect the voice device, voice control the strip light.
- Bluetooth Mesh network can create multiple areas, each control area supports up to 60 devices, through the APP can easily switch the control area, so that it can support unlimited devices.
- Bluetooth MESH networking technology, to achieve comprehensive coverage of Bluetooth wireless signal, break through the short distance disadvantage of Bluetooth, to achieve a wide range of lighting applications.
- low cost, easy installation, good user experience.
- low power consumption, strong support capabilities, strong networking capabilities, large expansion space, suitable for engineering use.
- limited control distance.
- incompatible protocols between different devices.
- low power consumption.
- It can automatically form a network of devices, linking the direct data transmission of each device.
- The ZigBee protocol is cumbersome and the transmission rate is low, so it has not been popular.
- Slow, difficult to compatible, and the most deadly point is that the penetration rate of the equipment it carries is extremely low.
- A single Zigbee device basically can not be directly controlled by our cell phones, need a gateway as a connection between the device and the cell phone hub.
LED controller installation considerations
- please install the controller in a well-ventilated place to ensure that the ambient temperature is appropriate.
- the controller must match the power supply, before powering on, make sure to check whether the input power supply meets the product requirements and whether the power output is the same voltage as the product.
- Prohibit wiring with electricity, check to make sure the wiring is correct, check that there is no short circuit, and then power on.